Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Practice Lap For Alum Creek Race

In case I haven't mentioned it yet, I have been training aggressively( at least for me) for my first mountain bike race in August.  The race will be at Alum Creek State park and will consist of  novice, intermediate and expert groupings.  You can probably guess which one I am racing in...Since I haven't done this before, I do not know exactly what to expect, so I have been training hard so I don't make a fool of myself. 

Monday morning, I was able to get out about 7 am and get a ride in on what will be the lap for the novice riders.  It is basically a 12 mile trip starting at Alum Creek Beech, crossing over the top of the damn to Africa Road, a half lap around the intermediate trail by P1, one lap around P1, back around second half intermediate lap, then back across damn and finish back at the beach.  Let's just say, it was a nice ride this early in the morning, especially since I got it in before the heat and humidity rolled in.  The only problem, was that P1 was still a mess from the Saturday rains.

Not knowing what to expect, I was pretty damn happy with my time, given the trail conditions and the earliness of the day.  My ride partner didn't show for the ride so I had no one pushing me.  Maybe next time I will be able to ride a little harder and stretch myself now that I have a time to compare against! 

I will not finish dead last in this thing!  


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll tear it up and post a very respectful time. Between now and then, you should get a helmet cam. I would love to see the course that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Man, I think I will probably do alright. I am definitely trying to land a helmet cam, but not cheap....I have already missed some epic crashes by not having one!

    ReplyDelete

let er rip, tell me what you think!