Thursday, July 7, 2011

Time Trial Alum

Got a surprise Tuesday night at the team ride.  As we gathered to put in a couple laps around Alum Phase 2, we found out C.O.M.B.O was there and helping with some time trials.  Since I am new to the race thing, I thought what the hell, why not.  Might be fun!  So,I got in line with the rest of the riders, and took my turn at a fast lap.   Needless to say, I was riding a little extra hard, and made quite a few mistakes.  The last one even sent me over the handlebars into a classic ENDO!  Proud to say however, I had my fastest lap to date and I was very proud of the ride.  We even followed up the time trial with an up tempo team lap, which most likely was my second fasted lap ever!  It was nice to be able to run with the guys for a change instead of bringing up the rear and making the others wait!  I guess saddle time does make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

let er rip, tell me what you think!